Payment of Fees for State Convention
Monday, October 2, 2017
At the fall meeting, members voted to have all contest entries (yearbook, newspaper, broadcast, literary magazine, photography) sent directly to the judges and that all entries should have a September 6 deadline. In the past these entries were sent to Executive Director Dawn Knudsvig. I have included the minutes to that meeting on this CD.
1. All entry materials should be mailed directly to the judges between the dates of August 21 and September 6. They should also be shipped “priority mail.” This will provide you with a tracking number so you can be sure your entry reaches the judge. Advisers will be responsible to see that the judge receives the entry. Do not send it “book rate” because it mail sits in the post office back room for days. No late entries (postmarked after Sept. 6) will be accepted. The two week window for submission was set by the Board. The reasoning behind this decision was to prevent entries from trickling in to judges all summer as this might result in entries being lost or misplaced.
2. Advisers need to fill out all appropriate Google Forms for entries and fees. Please consult our CONVENTION CHECKLIST to make sure you have completed all necessary tasks.
These basic forms must be filled out for registration to participate in the WHSSPA Convention 2017:
- 2017 WHSSPA Convention Entry
- WHSSPA Convention Entry Fees
Please make sure to fill out Google Forms for all contests that you are submitting materials to, as well as to submit appropriate materials by mail to the correct judges by the deadline.
There are entry forms for the following contests:
- Yearbook (Yearbook Individual Entries)
- Newspaper (includes Newspaper Individual Entries)
- Online Newspaper (includes Online Newspaper Individual Entries)
- Photography Entries
- Broadcast Video Entries
- Literary Magazine Entries
If you have any questions, please direct them to Dawn Knudsvig at:
(307) 758-4412 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tresasurer Greg Roher will compile the fees forms sent in by advisers and prepare one invoice for each school. Schools should bring a purchase order to the convention to pay the invoice.
Click the button below and fill out your Registration Fees form once you have compiled all your entries for the WHSSPA Convention.